Pacific Ridge School is an independent school enrolling about 600 students in middle and high school (grades 7-12). Located in beautiful, North San Diego County, Pacific Ridge attracts students in the coastal communities north and south of the school. Opening in 2007, the school experienced rapid growth and development, reaching enrollment targets and building an exceptional campus with state-of-the art facilities.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing, executing, and managing Pacific Ridge School’s comprehensive marketing and communication program. The program employs a wide array of tactics to communicate the schools’ mission, vision and strategic messages to prospective families, current community members, and the larger community of San Diego County, while ensuring brand consistency in all efforts.
Reporting to the Head of School, this senior-level leader is responsible for the strategy, execution and evaluation of the Department’s efforts. The Director will supervise two staff members specializing in communications and will possess the marketing skills and expertise to complete the Department team. The Department serves in-house clients, such as the Departments of Admission, Philanthropy, Extension Programs and Summer Programs. The Director is an actively engaged member of the Pacific Ridge community and is responsible for interacting with school constituents, including faculty, staff, students, and parents, to develop an efficient process for producing informative and engaging school messages.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic marketing and communication plans
- Communicate and reinforce brand identity and messaging throughout the school community
- Work with Admissions, Philanthropy, Extension Program and Summer Program Directors to develop strategic plan for student and donor recruitment
- Manage the implementation and evaluation of all marketing and communication efforts, including print materials, website, e-mail communication, press releases, social media, and advertising (digital, print, radio)
- Supervise Department staff, including Communication Manager and Communication Associate
- Manage contractors who produce collateral and advertising
- Manage the marketing and communication budget
- Report strategic plans and evaluation of marketing/communication efforts to relevant constituents
- Oversee management of content, both narratives and images, about school functions and activities
- Develop school policies for school marketing/communications
- The ideal candidate will have expertise in one or more of the following areas: graphic design, copy writing, digital marketing, videography, advertising strategy.
- Perform other duties, as assigned