Marketing and Social Media Manager - 74215
Under the guidance of senior management, participates in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. Vendor management. Drives cross-functional collaboration with the marketing & communications team and other Stanford GSB departments. Supports website operations and maintenance. Builds, cultivates, advocates for, responds to, monitors, and grows a digital community on behalf of, and while representing, Stanford GSB.
- Recommend and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and analyze campaign/program/ service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- Manage project/program budget(s) and coordinate invoice processing.
- Support website operations and maintenance through content revisions, and other technical administration tasks including authoring within Drupal, image manipulation, and other web-related tasks.
- Assist in building and/or maintaining a digital community through social media channels, blogs and the web.
- Draft content used to engage constituents and grow channels. Curate digital content.
- Implement social listening efforts and report back to management; Provide customer service to constituents across digital channels; Represent organization to constituents.
- Compile data and report on social media use.
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: Graduate School of Business
Job Code: 4893